Schoolhouse Garage

 

It's About More Than Just Autos

We are people who are respectful of the Earth and are in love with autos. And, perhaps more importantly, we love our family, our children, and our neighbors. Because of that we work hard to find ways to make our community a better, cleaner, safer and saner place both today... and for our children tomorrow.Head Mechanic Robert Schlesselman Owners Michelle & Scott Steffen

Schoolhouse Garage is owned by Scott & Michelle Steffen.  Scott has lived nearly his entire life in Guernsey, Iowa and Michelle was originally from Sioux City, Iowa. Scott worked hard on his cars and trucks in his younger years and spent his youth around autos and a general repair business.  Enamored by the sound of a finely tuned sports car, Scott fell in love with cars and the business has been a dream of his since a very young age. 

 


The Name?

Schoolhouse Garage
A very common question is why the name. Scott purchased the old Guernsey Schoolhouse at a public auction in 1992. The Guernsey School opened in 1918 and closed in 1960. Scott & Michelle have used the Schoolhouse name in another business so they figured they would continue it with their new auto repair business. The pencil in the picture below is from a 100 year old oak tree that was struck by lightening the night after Scott purchased the school. Scott carved what was left of the old oak into the pencil you see here today.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Schoolhouse Garage
 
 
 
 
Full Article (PDF)
 
 
 
 
Courtesy
The Cedar Rapids Gazette
http://thegazette.com/
 
 
             
 
 
 
 
 
Schoolhouse
 
Schoolhouse
 
Schoolhouse
 
 
 
Guernsey, Iowa School